Week 20 Missions
- Monday: Re-writes! It's the R in POWER. This year, we learned how to Plan, Organize, and Write. POW! This quarter, we are Editing and Re-writing. ER! That spells POWER. By the end of the year, we will write POWER journal entries that should prepare you for middle school and beyond. I want to see your re-writes. We will edit each other's work as we move forward together!
- Tuesday: Read The Fabulous Perpetual Motion Machine on Page 330 in Reader's Street.
- Wednesday: Let's Answer the Critical Thinking Questions on Page 334. Let's add more dialogue to our journal entries.
- Thursday: Have you adopted a word yet? Today is the last day to adopt a word! Come to class prepared for battle.
- Monday: I can't wait to read your re-writes. Let's see how your writing improves the more I edit your work. This is the hardest and the most tedious aspect of writing, but I promise you, the more you re-write and edit your work, the better and smoother your writing is going to look. Editing and Re-writing are the last two letters in our POWER acronym. They are arguably the most important.
- Tuesday: Read Smokejumpers: Life Fighting Fires on Page 178 in Reader's Street.
- Wednesday: Answer the Critical Thinking Questions on Page 192. In your journals, add risky maneuvers to your character's action sequences.
- Thursday: Today is the last day to adopt a word. I hope you love and cherish the word you adopt for the rest of your life! Come to class prepared to compete in Word Duels. The winner this week will be crowned Grand Champion and Final Boss for the third Quarter (Feb-April)
- Monday: Re-write a journal entry that Mr. Robles corrected.
- Tuesday: Read Penguin Chick on Page 204 in Reader's Street.
- Wednesday: Answer the Critical Thinking Questions for Penguin Chick in your journal.
- Thursday: Adopt a word and come to class prepared to face off in Word Duels!
|If you're reading this, you earned a HERO POINT! :D|